Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Free time, now family time

It’s funny how quickly life changes being a parent. 


Pre kid I had all the time to get things done. Enough time for work and self care. 


Attending two or three yoga classes a week, as well as practicing at home on many of the other days. Also having enough time to stay on top of the nine-to-five duties. 


Now, weeks go by without me doing a single asana pose. I try to squeeze in light stretching as much as possible to ease the tightness that inevitably builds in my body. The usual places of course. 


I also find myself routinely behind on work and having to spend long days grinding out work to meet my quota during the days approaching my deadlines.


Yet, there has also been other shifts now that we have a growing child amidst us. 


She adds to our lives in more ways than I am able to describe. 


Almost daily new surprises arise from her.


Some days I miss what was before and all that I was able to get done and the things I had time to do. 


But each time those genuine family moment happen or our little one surprises us with another wonder, I’m reminded that there has been a lot more added to my life now by being able to have the experiences that she’s adds to our lives.   


And for that, I’ll be forever grateful for her it what she brings to our lives.

No comments: