Friday, November 14, 2008

How you feel and whats real....

I have so many things on my mind as I sit here after a long day of working from home and catching up on being behind on work. So many thoughts, so many ideas. Then while I was watching a movie I heard a quote that really made me think (even more lol). “You need to decide between what you feel and what is real”. I really liked how this was put and it made a lot sense to me. This is not far from my last post where I was talking about syncing my inner self with my outer self. Sometimes (probably a lot of times) our feelings can mislead us. Feelings are such a reactive thing and you need to think things through in order to move forward and understand things that are going on in your life and your surroundings. I have met many people in my life and the most successful people tend to be the ones who think before they act. Now I’m not talking success as in being wealthy or having material things. I’m talking about being happy in your life and being more than just that average person a lot people except being. The reactive people that I have met in my life tend to stay stagnant and sometimes I don’t think they understand why they find themselves in the same situations day in and day out.

I have a hard time keeping my feelings in control when it comes to some situations and I focus on getting better at that everyday. I don’t want to be a person that just reacts but a lot of times it is extremely difficult. I will continue to push myself to stop, think, and understand reality. If I can do that, I know that I will reach a better understanding about my life and the people I choose to have in it.

On another note….I have been living in Lansing almost 6 months and it has been an interesting time. My life is much different here than it was in Virginia. I love being able to go to all my brothers events, help them study for school and do homework, go to the movies with them, see my mom and dad, and be away from the busy city. But I can honestly say that when I was considering the move back, I didn’t think it would be like this. I find many days where I don’t leave the house because I work from home and I work a long day. Other days I may be gone for an hour, maybe two, and then I back to house. The “friends” that I had here aren’t interested in the same things that I am and it has been difficult hanging out with them because I don’t want to fall back into the same habits that I had before I left Lansing. I don’t enjoy going out to the bar 2-3 times a week and hanging around young minded (not all of them are) college students, and I’m not interested in going to other bars in Lansing because it is the same people I have seen my whole life and most of them aren’t doing anything with their lives. In DC it was nice being around young professionals. That doesn’t seam to exist here in Lansing.

I’m not upset that I moved back, because if I didn’t try it, I might have regretted it in the future. But no matter where I live, I will always be there for my brothers and my family. My brothers were the biggest motivation to move back and I love them dearly. But I might have to get more creative and figure out another way to be there for them and not be in Lansing. This will take some thought…

Love life. Live life. Learn and just Be Happy!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Freddie (it's about time you blogged again, 3 days was too long..:)..),

People who react without thinking do so because they are thinking with their hearts and not their minds. With the heart, it just has to feel good, seem good or appear good. However, with the mind it must make sense..good ole common sense.

Our hearts are very deceptive and when we rely solely on them we usually end up in trouble. I get sick and tired of hearing people say, "his/her heart was in the right place"..maybe so but they're minds must have been stuck in neutral.

I'll use myself for an example:

every bad decision I have made in the last 12 months was made with "my heart in the right place", but my mind, common sense, was to busy taking a backseat to matters of my deceitful heart. Hindsight is 20/20.....but isn't it always..:)

Anywho.......

I am one of those people who wear their feelings on their sleeve. Make me mad, you and everybody in a 5 mile radius will know it (i'm working on that one), land on my good side and you'll never be unaware of how much you mean to me.

As far as you moving back to Lansing, i'm glad you did...even if for a minute.


***this chemical-laden air I am forced to breathe get's lighter every time I read one of your blogs. (yes,Lakiesha, their is a Santa Claus)***


A man under the age of 35 with his own mind, his own right mind,..who would have thought!