Thursday, March 19, 2009

Yea, yea, I know it has been a while...














First of all, yes I took this picture. I think it looks pretty good, but I am in no means a photographer. Anyway, just got back from a 7 day cruise and it was definitely nice to get away from my daily grind for a week. It was nice to get a break from the daily news headlines about this and that, and to not have to see the atmosphere and people that I see on a daily basis.

On the islands that I visited there is a sense of simplicity that I admire and I envy that way of life. It is amusing how many Americans, including myself, find ways to complicate their lives and then wonder “how did I get here?” and “how do I get myself out of this situation?”. When did life become less about eating, having a shelter, loving your friends and family, and just being happy and more about capitalism and “cut throat” ideas. It is actually said to me and I hope that I can continue to simplify my life as I become older and wiser.

We as humans are so small in the grand scheme of things. Look at the picture I took. The ocean covers about two thirds of the world and in my picture it seems as if it is endless. If you were to be floating in the ocean, chances are no one would ever see you again (touching on recent events). We can’t let ourselves think that we our bigger than we really are because in my opinion that is when you can find yourself in sticky situations. In my effort in simplifying my life, I am trying to put the important things first and focusing on understanding that I am Human. Nothing more, nothing less.

No comments: