Friday, March 27, 2009

Never Know What You'll Find...

Not sure how long ago it was, but one night while conducting my usual random search of interesting things I can find on the internet, I stumbled upon a new blog. What interested me initially was the creator and author of the blog, but I became more interested after I began reading some of his entries. The Mind of Maurice Clarett is the blog. Not sure if many know his story, but he was a star running back for Ohio State and then went to play in the NFL after a short stay at OSU. To make a long story short, he didn’t last in the NFL, got into some legal trouble, and now he is in prison serving a seven year sentence.
In his entries I sense a different man than that was portrayed by the media before his imprisonment. He talks about change within himself, relationships with people, goals, ambitions, etc. I have tremendous respect for this man because he is learning from the mistakes that he has made and it is clear, at least to me, that his outlook on life has changed 180 degrees. It is hard for me to imagine the mindset I would have if I was to be imprisoned behind bars for years. I was for 20 minutes one time and that was plenty for me. I hope that he endures his prison term well and that he comes out a stronger and wiser person than he was before.

2 comments:

Jermil said...

LINK?!?!?!?!
Make it easy for us!
Welcome back to blogging.

Fred said...

LOL....I thought I had linked it in my post. Well now it is sir.

Thanks.