Thursday, May 22, 2008

Keep It Movin'

I find myself thinking a lot more than usual as I am winding down to my last days living in Virginia. I think about how I am going to miss this area and a lot of the things it offers. I will miss the friends that I have made because they have made a good influence on my life. But I guess it is time for me to take on another section of my life and focus on being a good role model for my little brothers and set a good example for them in Michigan. It will be an adjustment for me but I know that I will be able to handle it. I was hoping that I would have the comfort of a special person by my side to aide in the adjustment of being back in Michigan, but that situation is a little rocky right now.
I have been through many tough times before in my life; therefore I know that I have the mental strength to endure more. But sometimes I wonder why things aren’t always what they seem and why things can’t just be a little easier. But I know that anything worth having in life has a price, and by that I don’t mean just money. I mean time, effort, sacrifice, determination, etc. I hadn’t understood that in the past as much as I do now, and I know that my understanding of that causes me to maneuver more strategically in my life.
I will continue to do me. I will continue to make strides to become a better person and have a better understanding about life. I will continue to try, key word try, to understand people and why they do the things that they do. Hopefully I am given many more years on this Earth in order to experience and learn new things in my life. I will take advantage of every day that I am given and I know that I will continue to grow.

On another note I saw this on a friends page and wanted to copy (hope you don't mind):
...
you arent limited by your past, you're limited by the amount of weight you refuse to release from your past...Deep

No comments: