Friday, January 30, 2009

Letter to myself...

I sit here trying to stay warm on another cold night in Lansing, MI. There have been many thoughts running through my head, as always, and I have been thinking on what my next blog topic would be about. One idea has stuck out over everything else and this was the idea of writing a letter to myself that I designate to open at some set time in the future. I had never thought of this before until I met a woman who wrote herself a letter that she opened on her 30th birthday. I asked her what she had written to herself and she said that she wrote goals that she wanted to achieve, talked about her current situation (at the time of writing the letter), and a few other topics. This struck me as such a phenomenal idea.
So, over the next couple of days I will be constructing a letter to give to myself. I will open this letter on my 30th birthday (hopefully I make it to see that day). I chose 30 because I didn’t want to set a date out to far and be too impatient to wait, or possibly even forget about the letter.
So now it’s time to think about my goals, my ambitions, and where do I want to be when I am 30. How do I feel about where I am now and how far I have come. All of these topics and more will be in that letter.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Freddie, write the letter and please share it with me when you tunr 30. I would love to see where you are at that age. You are already so mature for your age that it seems impossible for you to do anything other continue to age with wisdom, knowledge and understanding. I turn 30 in 2 1/2 months so if I were to do it I wouldn't read it untili turned 35....but this is an interesting idea!

Anonymous said...

I do this all the time. Go to www.futureme.org and you can send yourself an email in the future. I do it about once every 6 months, once a year, and whenever something big happens in my life.

Anonymous said...

Wow....thanks!

Fred said...

Thanks Jermil...I'll check that out.